5 Must Read Dental SEO Tips About Google’s Latest Algorithm Update
Google released a new core algorithm update, the second this year and the first during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is the algorithm Google uses to retrieve data from its search index to deliver webpages ranked by relevance on its search engine results pages. Google is calling this major development a “core” update because it represents a large change in the underlying search algorithm criteria, and that means it has the potential to affect a massive number of sites, some positively and others negatively
Why is this important?
The reason we care about algorithm updates is because they are directly related to page rankings, and changes in search ranking are typically a reflection of content relevancy. In addition, a number of factors impact your visibility in search engine results and the following components are crucial when analyzing your site for optimal ranking.
- How well a website is optimized (Has your highly relevant content been indexed correctly?)
- The quality of the website content (Has it been written for users and search engines?)
- The layout and usability of the website design (Is it older? Outdated?)
How do I know if my practice website was impacted by Google’s new algorithm update?
The easiest way to identify any impact to your site, is to check out any changes to your search engine rankings and your website traffic. Contact the agency you work with, because they have been tracking these details for you. You can also log into your Google Analytics accounts to see if your traffic has gone up or down. Finally, review the performance of trending keywords to ensure you’re staying on top of relevancy changes as search behavior continues to deviate from expected norms.
What can I do to improve my ranking in light of the new update?
Don’t panic if your traffic is down due to the new update. Here are five ways to ensure you regain your visibility and stay at the front of the pack.
- Customize the content of your top procedures and update it regularly. Quality content is the cornerstone of traffic growth, and updating it often keeps it valuable. There’s no magic formula but keeping your content relevant and superior to that of your competitors is key.
- Make sure you don’t have duplicate or thin content. Research shows that low-word count results in a decrease in traffic. Our SEO experts at PBHS can easily show you what pages on your site need to be bulked up and how to move forward.
- Clean up your information architecture. Ensure that the information on your site is easy to navigate and intuitive. If you are not already using a Sitemap, create one listing all your pertinent site URLs and submit this through the Google Search Console, aiding crawlers in the discover and indexing of your site content.
- Choose an appropriate voice and tone for your target audience. Are your patients feeling heard, understood, and informed? Your goal should be to build trust and give your readers honest and unbiased information.
- Don’t plagiarize. Using someone else’s content without permission is not only illegal, but also detrimental to your search engine rankings. Plagiarism will negatively impact your SEO. Google is looking for authentic content.
The Next Step
To ensure your dental practice is successful with SEO, your traffic is increasing, and Google’s new core algorithm update is not taking a toll on your ranking, book a consultation with one of our PBHS marketing consultants today. Don’t leave your SEO to chance. Acquire new patients with a dental SEO campaign today: (800) 840-5383.