Google offers Google My Business, a free listing for your dental practice. Optimizing your Google My business can help your listing perform within the search engine by showing up in search results when patients (and potential patients) search for your practice (or a practice like yours) on Google. Your Google My Business also allows you to post updates, add photos, respond to reviews, and highlight what’s special about your practice. Your practice should take ownership of what patients and potential patients see when they do a search for your practice. We have crafted a list of Google My Business “DOs” and “DON’Ts” to set your practice’s Google listing off on the right foot.
- Claim your listing.
- Fill it out as completely as possible.
- Remember what account you use to access the listing.
- Check on your listing regularly to make sure it wasn’t updated when you weren’t looking.
- Gather and respond to reviews appropriately.
- Add Keywords to your practice name.
- Add Categories that don’t reflect your practice.
- Use a tracked phone number.
- Add any users to your listing unless you know exactly what they will be doing on it.
- Pay for reviews or artificial review generation services.