Frequently asked questions
Please Note: Ongoing social media support is available to Launch Social Elite and Advanced clients only. If you would like information on these services, we would be happy to have someone get in touch with you about our package options.
1. Can PBHS make me an admin on my Facebook page?If we set up your Facebook page for you originally, we may be able to add you as an admin to the page, provided that we still have access ourselves.
- First you must “like” your business page while logged into a personal profile (note: we do not have personal login information).
- Next, use the contact form on this page to request access – be sure to tell us in the message what email address your FB profile is associated with.
- Please Note: if our system doesn’t recognize your email address, we will have to verify with the practice by phone before granting access.
- Important: If PBHS is no longer an admin on your page, we won’t be able to grant you access. We recommend that you:
- try any known email addresses to login
- send a message to the page administrator asking for access
- more information from FB can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/help/221819491164051
2. How do I add an admin to my Facebook page?
- Go to your business page.
- At the top right of the screen, select ‘settings’.
- In the list of actions on the left menu, select ‘page roles’
- Enter the email or name of the person you want to add and find them in the list that pops up.
- If the person is your Facebook friend, begin typing their name and select them from the list that appears.
- If the person isn’t your Facebook friend, type the email address associated with their Facebook account.
- Designate the role you want the person to have.
- Click ‘add’ and enter your password again if asked. (Note: The person must have “liked” your business page prior to you giving them access.)
- The person whom you have invited to manage the page will then receive a notification when logged into their personal Facebook profile. They will need to accept that invitation.
- Up-to-date information on this topic can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/help/187316341316631
3. What is my login information for Facebook?Because access to Facebook is always associated with a personal profile, PBHS won’t have any login information. You can have your password reset at facebook.com if you have forgotten it. If you think you have access but don’t remember the email address you used, we recommend that you send a message to the page and look for an email in any of your known email accounts. If PBHS set up your page and is still an admin, please refer to the first question on this page.
4. How do I login to Twitter?If PBHS set up your Twitter page initially, we may be able to tell you the email address associated with your Twitter account, provided that it hasn’t been changed. Use the contact form on this page to request the Twitter information. Once you know the email associated with the account, you can have the password reset at twitter.com Please Note: if our system doesn’t recognize your email address, we will have to verify with the practice by phone before granting information.
5. How do I add managers to Twitter?Twitter only has one login per page, so there is no manger function.
6. How do I update my business information on Facebook?
- Select ‘About’ in the column on the left.
- Select ‘page info’
- Here you may change information about your page such as the name, address, bio, etc.
7. How do I post to Facebook?
- First, make sure you are on your page, and not your personal news feed.
- You’ll see a box like the one in the picture. Type your post, and press ‘publish’.
- Include a photo or video (#1), posts with photos/videos reach a much greater audience.
- Include “how you’re feeling” (#2) by pressing the smiley face, or typing out a custom message. You can let your audience know exactly what you’re up to, or what you are working on this way. This can help to add a sentiment of approachability.
- You can also add the location from which you are posting (#3). This gives the added advantage of being able to be found for searches related to your area.
- The drop down arrow (#4) will allow you to schedule posts in advance, allowing you to be ‘active’ online throughout the year by making your posts all at once.