WordPress Theme Builder
Responsible for converting approved PSD designs into a working WordPress theme.
Essential Job Functions
- Build WordPress theme based on approved design and interior layout provided by designer.
- Create and maintain style guides.
- Follow PBHS protocols for consistent theme setup.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Maintain understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects with a high attention to detail in a timely manner.
- Outstanding and well-organized written and verbal communication skills.
- Keep abreast of developing trends in technology.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- WordPress Expert.
- Keen and current knowledge of modern website design best practices.
- Excellent layout and typographical instincts.
- Expertise in cross-browser compatibility.
- Strong understanding of modern website design principles.
- Good understanding of HTML, CSS and SCSS, Flash, java script, and Adobe Creative Suite with deep understanding of Photoshop. Familiar with PHP required.
- 2 years of commercial website experience required.
- Experience developing WordPress sites.
- Portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in web graphics / usability design / user experience design.
- AA Degree in web design, web design certificate and/or equivalent experience.