PBHS is looking for a talented, creative, detail-oriented Graphic Designer with polished skills to join our dynamic graphic design team. This is a new position created to support the growth of the company. This position could be part-time (24 hours per week) – full time (40 hours per week) so please indicate your preference in your cover letter.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for designing logos and creating graphics for online and print mediums for internal and external PBHS clients. The ideal candidate will have refined digital graphic design skills, a professional demeanor, is driven to provide excellent customer service and has a desire to grow their career with an expert digital marketing agency in Sonoma County.
We are passionate about serving the dental and medical communities and possess a commitment to customer centricity and industry leadership – values that have been embedded in our culture for more than 30 years.
If you like what you’ve heard so far and are interested in working alongside a talented, committed team that thrives in a collaborative environment, we encourage you to consider employment opportunities with us. Please read on to learn more about the nitty gritty of the position and to how to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, modify and alter photographs, logos and other graphics per business requirements and specifications for both online and print mediums
- Research demographic and marketing aspects of business to inform designs
- Work with clients to determine requirements and specifications
- Translate client business requirements into attractive, professional and modern visual experiences
- Liaison with print shop – pricing, proofing, troubleshooting
- Project management of design projects
- Work collaboratively with graphic design team
- Graphic design account management
- Client contact and consultation to implement successful marketing
- Familiarity of PBHS products and ability to direct clients to appropriate products
- Assistance in client workflow and billing process
- Cooperation with and assistance to fellow designers
- Interaction with printing facilities
- Negotiating and establishing quotes and pricing
- Reviewing proofs and problem-solving printing issues
- Assist clients with reorders
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience, Knowledge, & Skills
- AA in commercial art/graphic design or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum of 2 -3 years of professional commercial art design experience including logos. If you’re a new grad and have a great portfolio, please don’t let this requirement discourage you from applying.
- Expert in InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
- MS Office and font management software experience required
- Medical/dental industry design experience a plus
- Experience managing client relationships and working one-on-one with them on designs
- Experience working with print shops
- Current experience researching demographic and other marketing-related data
- Portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in commercial graphic design.
- Printing and prepress file preparation
Skills and Abilities:
- Current design sensibilities and aesthetic
- Strong customer service skills and orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn PBHS product line and direct clients effectively
- Ability to articulate design decisions
- Strong visual design sense
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Self- directed and able to work independently and also part of a team
- Must be able to handle multiple projects with a high attention to detail in a timely manner
- Maintain current knowledge of developing trends in technology and design
- Experience with conceptual and mood board design
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter along with a minimum of five (5) samples, concepts, collateral you have designed or played a role in designing. Please mention your salary range requirements as well as if you’re looking for part-time or full-time work.
The position is based out of our headquarters office in Santa Rosa, CA. Remote work is not offered for this position and relocation is not provided.
Target salary for the role is $22.00 – $24.00/hr +/- depending upon experience.
About PBHS, Inc.
PBHS, Inc. is an expert digital marketing and website design firm located in Santa Rosa, California. We provide a full-suite of innovative marketing products and services to the dental and medical communities with a purpose to spark growth, improve efficiency, and bring client vision to life.
Services and Products Offered include Website Design; Search Engine Optimization; Digital Pay-Per-Click Advertising; Social Media Marketing; Reputation Marketing; Logo & Branding Design; Video Production; Content Creation; as well as ADA TV, Silent Partner TV, Launch Chat, SecureMail, and TruForm.
We are passionate about the industry and are on the cutting edge of technology and marketing effectiveness. We possess a commitment to customer centricity and industry leadership – values that have been embedded in our culture for more than 30 years.
PBHS is exclusively endorsed by the ADA Member Advantage and more than 20 state and national societies.
Employee Benefits and Perks
PBHS offers its employees medical, dental and vision benefits; paid vacation and sick time; 401k; and an annual bonus potential. Employees also enjoy casual dress and the option of an early start time.
When we ask PBHS employees why they like working here, we often hear they enjoy the casual dress, early start time options, healthy snacks, as well as the friendships they’ve developed with their coworkers. Others enjoy activities such as our summer BBQ, holiday party, and acknowledgement of their work anniversary with a special offsite lunch.
The majority of our employees have been with PBHS for 5+ years, with many hitting their 10, 15, 20-year mark.
We believe our success is due to the dedicated, hardworking, committed team members who make up the PBHS team.
Are you ready to join our team and share our success?